[turba] turba and ldap ut8 encoding

ianux ianux at free.fr
Thu Apr 10 17:33:17 PDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:46:10 +0200
Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> écrivait :

> Why do you base64 encode the data? Why don't you just store it as
> utf-8 in ldap and enable utf-8 encoding in sources.php?

That's it !
But now I have two new problems:
when I choose my addressbook, by default it display name and email
name is display like this : name, surname
Looking at sources.phpI saw that Turba look for cn in LDAP to display
the name. But how can it sort name and surname from this entry ?
my cn is (for example):
Jean François Dupont (where Jean François is the name and Dupont is the
surname), and Turba display :
FrançoisDupont, Jean
It doesn't match...
Does Turba understand the first item as the name ?

and another problem : I use Mozilla 1.3, and when I click on the email,
a pop-up window appear and die immediatly, so I can't write an e-mail...