[turba] clear results?

Paul Reilly pareilly at tcd.ie
Sat Apr 26 21:45:00 PDT 2003

> > existing results. Is there a way to make it clear the old results
> > first? I don't mind hacking the code if given a few pointers...
>
> Yes, just click on "Clear Search".

Yep, I know that! It's on the UI. But people are stupid and lazy,
and I just know they won't click the button, and will be too thick
to realise their results are at the bottom. Hence they'll call me.
That's what I'm trying to avoid!

One would expect that a new search would programatically clear your
old results when displaying the new results.
I see soem code which looks like it does this in browse.php...

if (!empty($_SESSION['turba_search_results'])) {
require_once TURBA_BASE . '/lib/Object.php';
$list = Turba_List::unserialize($_SESSION['turba_search_results']);

Could this do the trick if called in the right place?

Paul