[turba] Re: Firstname / LastName in addressbook - splitting them up

Johny horde at agotnes.com
Sun May 4 19:23:17 PDT 2003

A first attempt at a patch, seems I've touched on rather a few files.

Find attached a diff -u against all touched files, if people have a
better way of doing this that what I did (see diff-horde.sh) I'm all
ears and happy to modify.

To patch I guess the simplest thing to do would be to mod my script and
run it to patch against all files.

The README supplied in the file is attached, if anyone has feedback, I'm
happy to listen!

As a note, this is my first PHP programming (and thus also first time
Horde programming), so if I've made some really daft mistakes, apologies!

Thanks to Marko Djukic for the js popup script...

:)Johny
-----
Patch against the latest releases of IMP(3.2.1) and Turba (1.2) to get
the following functionality;

1. Name has been split into firstName and lastName from the users point
of view in Turba
2. Add Contact from an IMP Message window now pops up the Add Contact
form, pre-populated

Testing has been done against LDAP (specifically OpenLDAP 2.0.27-2.7.3)
and standard schemas WITHOUT the patch used by Horde making the 'sn'
record non-mandatory.

Details;
1.
Everywhere (apart from Import/Export, see ToDo section!) addresses are
edited the Name part has become uneditable, and a composite of FirstName
LastName.

2.
On Add Contact a 'restricted' mode form of the Add Contact form is
popped up, pre-populated with FirstName, LastName and Email and the user
can manually edit before saving. Upon saving a 'restricted' mode form
for Display Contact is given to the user to confirm save, and the user
can only close this.

The Restriction is a) no Menu bar in popup and b) no Edit | Delete
buttons in Display.

The FirstName and LastName are populated as follows;

John Smith (FirstName: 'John' LastName: 'Smith')
John S. Smith (FirstName: 'John S.' LastName: 'Smith')
Smith, John (FirstName: 'John' LastName: 'Smith')
Smith John (FirstName: 'Smith' LastName: 'John)     NB - Error condition

The last one is wrong, however, I can't see how to avoid that, also,
it's a stupid (in my narrow-minded view ;) way of presenting a name.
This 'could' be made into a config property based on demand.

ToDo:
Import / Export - Yet to even look at this part!

Go thru FIXME's, coupla questions and should use the app registry

Await comments / Flames from Horde blokes

Possibly; Forward patch to the latest CVS versions for inclusion in
tree, depending on acceptance generally.

On demand ;) - Config props for population of names.
-----