[turba] Distribution lists - trouble adding LDAP entry to local SQL addressbook

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue May 13 06:52:26 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've seen some discussion in the archives that seems to relate to this problem
I'm having (the thread "Groups question" from around 2/26/2003).  Basically, I
have a local MySQL addressbook that functions as a private addressbook for each
user.  And I have a shared, read-only LDAP addressbook entry that serves as an
organizational addressbook.  One of the most requested features in the
addressbook is the ability to keep local groups/distribution lists and I was
happy to see that Turba 1.2 supports this.  However, I haven't been able to get
this to work yet when I try to add a LDAP entry to the local addressbook.

Here's the process I'm following:

Search for the user(s) I want to add to my local group from the LDAP entry.  The
users are found but I have no option for adding them to a list.  If I do any
search against my local SQL addressbook, the option to add the user(s) to a
list is now available and since Turba keeps previous searches around, I can
select the user(s) from the LDAP addressbook and attempt to add them to an
existing list.  However, when I do that I'm getting errors.  Under the HEAD
version, I'm seeing:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getvalue() in
/horde/turba/lib/Group.php on line 51

Under Horde 2.2.3, IMP 3.2.1 and Turba 1.2, I'm seeing an error in a similar
place:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function on a non-object in
/horde-2.2.3/turba-1.2/lib/Group.php on line 50

In both cases, if, instead of choosing an entry that is LDAP based, I choose an
entry that I've already saved in my local SQL address book, I'm able to add
them to the group without a problem.

So I'm wondering what is different about the two sources.  Is it because one is
LDAP and the other is SQL?  Or is it because that previous performed search
entries have lost some of their attributes or that in one case, the __key is a
dn (LDAP) and in the other case, the __key is object_id (SQL)?

In both cases, if, instead of choosing an entry that is LDAP based, I choose an
entry that I've already saved in my local SQL address book, I'm able to add
them to the group without a problem.

Chuck mentions that (with respect to LDAP searches):
A patch for that would be great. It would make things much simpler for LDAP
users, for instance.

I'd have to agree - if I could figure out why I can't add LDAP users to the SQL
database, its still very cumbersome to not have the mailing lists popup
available from within the LDAP addressbook.  Did anyone ever work out a patch
to do this?  Or are there other workarounds that will work with the current
code?

Thanks,
Kevin
--