[turba] config "admin list" for shared addressbook

Mitchell Marks mitchell at cuip.net
Thu May 15 14:27:32 PDT 2003

Hello all,

We're new to Horde, with Horde 2.1 with IMP 3.1 and Turba 1.1.

In the configs for Turba, I'm trying to set up both private and shared
addressbooks.  I want to use MySQL for both, so I used the supplied script
to set up a table, and also copied and edited to make a "turba2_objects"
table.  In "sources.php" I added a copied/modified entry like the supplied
sample for an sql source.

This works fine, except for the settings to keep the shared book accessible
by all but only edited by the admin list members.  Here's that section:

     'public' => true,
     'readonly' => false,
     'admin' => array('mitchell','srasul','rrevzan'),

As the documentation says, with readonly=>false we have *everybody* allowed
to edit it.  But when I change it to     'readonly' => true, the admins are
not offered the shared book when they click "Add".

Could it be as simple as missing the syntax of that list?  I hope so!

Thanks for your suggestions,

   Mitch Marks

P.S.  Just to have it in full:

$cfgSources['localsql'] = array(
     'title' => 'My Addressbook',
     'type' => 'sql',
     'params' => array(
         'phptype' => 'mysql',
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
         'username' => 'horde',
         'password' => '***********',
         'database' => 'horde',
         'table' => 'turba_objects'
     ),
     'map' => array(
         '__key' => 'object_id',
         '__owner' => 'owner_id',
         'name' => 'object_name',
         'email' => 'object_email',
         'homeAddress' => 'object_homeAddress',
         'workAddress' => 'object_workAddress',
         'homePhone' => 'object_homePhone',
         'workPhone' => 'object_workPhone',
         'cellPhone' => 'object_cellPhone',
         'fax' => 'object_fax',
         'title' => 'object_title',
         'company' => 'object_company',
         'notes' => 'object_notes'
     ),
     'search' => array(
         'name',
         'email'
     ),
     'strict' => array(
         'object_id'
     ),
     'public' => false,
     'readonly' => false,
     'admin' => array(),
     'export' => true
);

$cfgSources['sharesql'] = array(
     'title' => 'Shared Directory',
     'type' => 'sql',
     'params' => array(
         'phptype' => 'mysql',
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
         'username' => 'horde',
         'password' => '**********',
         'database' => 'horde',
         'table' => 'turba2_objects'
     ),
[...]
     'admin' => array('mmarks','srasul','rrevzan'),
     'export' => true
);

--
Mitchell Marks
CUIP Tech Coordinator    http://cuip.uchicago.edu

Telephone:  Ofc 773-702-6041
         Fax 702-8212
         Home (v.m. only, ok any time) 241-7166
Email: Primary address: mitch at cuip.uchicago.edu
         Alternate UofC addresses (use especially to report problems with
cuip.uchicago.edu): mitchell at cs.uchicago.edu and mmar at midway.uchicago.edu
         Off-campus (ISP) address: mmarks at pobox.com
Man in cafe (shouting on phone):
Bou ... Bouriana.
My name is Bouriana.
Bouriana, I told you.  Bouriana.
Bouriana.  I'll hold.
I'm holding.
Yes, Bouriana, that's me.  I'm Bouriana.
All right:  Bouriana!  B as in Bouriana, O as in Ouriana, U as in Uriana, R
as in Riana, I as in Iana, A as in Ana, N as in Na, A as in ---
Albert!  Albert Bouriana!