[turba] Feature proposition : limiting the number of result shown by search.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri May 30 01:07:48 PDT 2003

Zitat von Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

> My problem here is that the source of contact for my current project
> will be really big (~ 100K entry in LDAP), so search results could be
> _very_ big.  In my experience, performance really become a problem past
> 250 results.  What I would like to do is have a limit set in conf.php.
> When limit is reached, the driver return only limit result and notify the
> caller that result have been truncated.  search.php will then display a
> warning along the line of "Your search returned too much results to
> display.  Please be more specific in your search criteria."
>
> If such a feature have any chance of being accepted by Turba maintainer,
> I will code it and send a patch.

As you now already know, there is such a feature now. But what we really
need (and where some people already worked on) is a sort of paging of
search result so that you can browse through your search results splitted
to several pages.

This has recently been discussed on #horde but no code has been written yet.

Jan.