[turba] turba group problem w/ IMP

Rong-en Fan rafan at csie.org
Wed Jun 4 06:46:11 PDT 2003

Hi all,

   Several days ago, I've posted this to IMP list, however there is no
   response. So, I decided post this to turba list.

   Here is the original post:

  ==

  I'm using CVS -HEAD version of Horde/Imp/Turba. There is an annoying
  problem with IMP w/ Turba for months. If I add address from Turba (in
  compose window) and choose a group, then the chinese name in the group
  will incorret display, however if I choose from an address there
  is no proble at all.

  This is what the group "ccnet" shown in Turba:
  http://muse.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~rafan/screenshots/turba-grouplist.png

  This is in compose window, as you can see the name left in recipient
  is chosen from group "ccnet", the right is directly chosen from address
  http://muse.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~rafan/screenshots/compose.png

  I've traced these related code, and realizes this problem caused
  by imp/templates/contacts/javascript.inc:updateMessage()

    var address = unescape(list.options[i].value);

  This line uses unescape() to decode fullname, however it will broke
  multibyte chars. I have no idea how to fix this problem by hand,
  so there is anyboay could help me about this? I'll be appreciated. :-)

  FYI, whether UTF-8 is enabled or not, I still have this problem.

  ==

   The problem is, the "address" selected from a group will contain both
   realname and email, while from a person it only contains email address.
   Then, the unescape() happily decode the address, which split a
   multibyte word into single byte :(

   Posting to this because it seems no way to solve from IMP's side.
   So, is there a way solve this from Turba's side?

Best Regards,
Rong-en Fan