[turba] Turba and LDAP as Data Source

Mohamed Magdi Abbas mmabbas at longwood.edu
Fri Jun 6 12:21:26 PDT 2003

Hello,

I have been using Horde/IMP for quite sometime and have decided to
deploy Turba. I have Truba working using LDAP but there are some things
I need to fix. I have several questions but I'll start with just two or
three for now...:)

I have the LDAP OU setup in the following manner:

ou=personal_addressbook,dc=yaqeen,dc=info
	ou=user1,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=yaqeen,dc=info
		cn=kirk,ou=user1,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=yaqeen,dc=info
		cn=spock,ou=user1,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=yaqeen,dc=info
	ou=user2,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=yaqeen,dc=info
		cn=ahmed,ou=user2,ou=personal_addressbook,dc=yaqeen,dc=info

The objectclasses for the user are:
	top, organizationalPerson, inetOrgPerson, person, pilotPerson

Is this the optimal way to setup my DIT? Are there other ways of doing
it, say like putting the address_book stuff under the user account in
the DIT? Os my use of the objectclasses right or could they be trimmed
down?

Also I had to modify the core.schema so that 'sn' is not required to be
filled in. Is this standards compliant?

By the way, I'm thinking about writing a HOWTO for getting up to speed
with Turba and LDAP since I have not found one already. And I'm sure
it'll be helpfull for others...

Thanks for your help,

--
Mohamed