[turba] Re: Special character handling bug in LDAP addressbooks

Scott Courtney courtney at 4th.com
Fri Jun 13 07:24:46 PDT 2003

On Friday 13 June 2003 10:17, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Scott Courtney <courtney at 4th.com>:
> > That being said, I can verify that Turba does *not* change the DN when
> > that attribute changes, at least not in my testing case. So apparently
> > this ldap_rename() function isn't being called in that case.
>
> So, patch? :)
>
> -chuck

I'll be glad to, but it's going to take some thoughtful digging into the
code. I pulled an all-nighter last night on this project (building the
customer's system, not just the Hore/Turba stuff), and that's on top of
a previous five-day run of averaging 12+ hour workdays. Needless to say,
hacking Turba's complex code right now would be a very disastrous
undertaking for me. You don't want my patches today! :-)

On the other hand, I hear there's a company in Redmond, Washington, that
will pay top dollar for the kind of code I'm now prepared mentally to
write. Think I'll volunteer for the MS Exchange development team! ;-)

Scott