[turba] Re: Re: Multiline entry patch for Turba 1.2

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Tue Jun 17 17:16:28 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 00:01:25 -0500, Edward Rudd wrote:

>> Huh, thought: what happens to binary data when/if we support it?
>>
> That is a going to be a problem..
> As the system is right now there's now you'd have to know what kind of
> data it is in the driver..  The ['type'] of the attributes will need to be
> sent to addObject/setObject functions so we can check the type to
> determine if we need to do the CRLF to LF conversion.

This is also a problem with the date field support... I tried enabling a
birthdate firled in attributes.php and sources.php and it fails to work
correctly as LDAP stores dates differently than MySQL does.. Evolution
stores the birthdate in LDAP as yyyy-mm-dd..

We really need to be sending the type of the fields to the backend driver
so that it can store the data correctly..