[turba] unefficient use of mysql on turba ?

Jean-Michel Besnard besnard at tekkno.net
Fri Aug 8 02:32:48 PDT 2003

Hi,

since I got hundreds of entries in my adressbook (mysql source) I have noticed that both 'browse' and 'search' are getting really slow.

I have finally figured out that loads of sql queries are being made to the mysql server for each request.

Actually, if I have 1000 entries in my adressbook then 1000 queries such as "select firstname,lastname,..... where id=1234422321333" will be carried.

I don't understand why an SQL query is needed for each object while IMHO a single query should be able to do the job.

This is the case in a cvs checkout from december and in a recent cvs checkout (couple of days ago).

Thanks.

JM