[turba] LDAP schema / sn required

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Mon Aug 11 05:56:22 PDT 2003

Hi,

Are there any plans to update the Turba addressbook format, so that there are direct equivalents for LDAP sn, gn and cn entries (surname, given name, common name)?

Right now, Turba requires that the LDAP schema be "patched" to remove the requirement for a non-null sn (see the /turba/docs/LDAP file).

I'd rather have Turba patched, and leave the LDAP standards as they are. Modifying the open standard partly defeats my purpose of moving away from Outlook/Exchange to Horde...

Other than that, Turba and Horde in general look really sharp!

- Mike