[turba] Misc. problems and configuration lingo

Jean-Luc Wasmer jl.horde at wasmer.ca
Mon Sep 1 08:09:38 PDT 2003

> "Expand Names" and the contact list in IMP's Message Composition can't find
> my contacts. "Search" and "Advanced Search" work fine.

I found the problem... I had
'email' => 'rfc822Mailbox'
instead of the default
'email' => 'mail'

and since both "Expand Names" and the contact list in IMP's Message Composition
search for the attribute 'mail' (and not the attribute corresponding to
'email'). It worked with Outlook because "mail" is an alias for
"rfc822Mailbox".

> When a contact is displayed, some fields are missing (eg "Company") but I
> can see them with Outlook Express. If I "Edit" the contact, and change
> the field, I  still can't see it with Turba but the field has changed
> in Outlook.

I changed the field spelling back to the configuration default (ie all lower
case letters) and the exact field name (ie. use the alias 'mobile' instead of
'mobiletelephonenumber').

I still can't see the company field!
(and I use the conf default 'company' => 'organizationname',).

I would like to enter many values (possible with LDAP) for the same attribute
(most of my contacts have many e-mail addresses).
Is this possible with Turba and how?

Thanks,

JL