[turba] LDAP config help

Scott Hood shood at solucentrix.com
Wed Oct 15 10:59:01 PDT 2003

I get the same error doing it this way.  I am a little new to ldap.  When you
said you noticed that objectclass person requires cn and sn, did you find that
info in the schema?  I haven't figured out what all of the attributes (ex. sn)
mean, I have been looking for a doc on this subject and haven't found anything
to helpful yet.  Anything that could help me point in the right direction world
be great.

Scott

Quoting Amith Varghese <amith at xalan.com>:

> What I was trying to say is can you add an entry into the Shared Addressbook
> using a ldif file?  So for example
>

> test.ldif
> ==========
> dn: cn=foo,dc=solucentrix,dc=com
> cn: foo
> sn: bar
> o: person
>
> ldapadd -W -x -b dc=solucentrix,dc=com -D cn=Manager,dc=solucentrix,dc=com
> -f
> test.ldif
>
> One thing I just noticed is that objectclass person requires cn and sn.  Are
> you
> setting both?  Doesn't look like it.
>
> Amith
>

> Quoting Scott Hood <shood at solucentrix.com>:
>
> | I add using a ldif file the looked like this
> |
> | # Organization for Example Corporation
> | dn: dc=solucentrix,dc=com
> | objectClass: dcObject
> | objectClass: organization
> | dc: solucentrix
> | o: Example Corporation
> |
> | # Organizational Role for Directory Manager
> | dn: cn=Manager,dc=solucentrix,dc=com
> | objectClass: organizationalRole
> | cn: Manager
> |
> | when i run this command I
> |
> | ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=solucentrix,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)'
> |
> | I get this
> | version: 2
> |
> | #
> | # filter: (objectclass=*)
> | # requesting: ALL
> | #
> |
> | # solucentrix, com
> | dn: dc=solucentrix,dc=com
> | objectClass: dcObject
> | objectClass: organization
> | dc: solucentrix
> | o: Example Corporation
> |
> | # Manager, solucentrix, com
> | dn: cn=Manager,dc=solucentrix,dc=com
> | objectClass: organizationalRole
> | cn: Manager
> |
> | # search result
> | search: 2
> | result: 0 Success
> |
> | # numResponses: 3
> | # numEntries: 2
> |
> | I think I have that part configed correctly (still unsure).  And when I
> | browse
> | in Turba I can't see anything I add from the command line.
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | Scott
> |
> | Quoting Amith Varghese <amith at xalan.com>:
> |
> | > Can you add an object to the LDAP tree using ldapadd?  Try that first to
> | > make
> | > sure its not a configuration problem with LDAP

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> try
> | > |
> | > "Object
> | > |

{s:2:"cn";s:4:"test";s:4:"mail";s:4:"test";s:9:"homephone";s:4:"test";s:15:"tele
> | > |

phonenumber";s:4:"test";s:21:"mobiletelephonenumber";s:4:"test";s:17:"homepostal