[turba] problem copying contacts ldap->sql

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Mon Oct 20 10:23:11 PDT 2003

Quoting Benoit St-André <ben at benoitst-andre.net>:

| Hi everyone
|
| I'm having some problems copying contacts in Turba from a public ldap address
| book to personnal sql address book. It works, but...
|
| It refuses to add the same contact from the ldap address book to a second
| personal sql address book.
|
| Main problem is: those contacts copied from turba/ldap are inserted in the
| sql
| database with a turba_object that looks like:
| uid=claveaul,ou=People,dc=openld
|
| instead of something like 6c2c30fed85dc8be25743a02afa30319  	...
|
| Since I'm not quite familiar with the code of Turba, could someone double
| check this ? (why in that case, Turba doesn't create a unique turba_object
| number ???)

In LDAP you make your DN unique using a list of attributes.  So for example in
my entry in my global address book is

uid=amith at xalan.com,dc=xalan,dc=com,c=US

for me that is unique.  This works in a different manner than the SQL
addressbook.  The easiest thing you can do is write a script (php, bash, perl,
etc.) that generates a unique id for each entry.  The unique id does not have
to be related to the data in anyway for the sql addressbook (iirc)

amith