[turba] undefined index problem yet again

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Mon Oct 20 15:02:12 PDT 2003

I am stumped.  I have read all the FAQ's and STFW.  I have followed
instructions, found them lacking, corrected the problems but I still
can't find an answer to why I am getting these messages from Turba

Notice: Undefined index: businesscategory in
/var/www/html/horde/turba/templates/browse/search.inc on line 14

Notice: Undefined index: homephone in
/var/www/html/horde/turba/templates/browse/search.inc on line 14

Notice: Undefined index: workphone in
/var/www/html/horde/turba/templates/browse/search.inc on line 14

Notice: Undefined index: cellphone in
/var/www/html/horde/turba/templates/browse/search.inc on line 14

Notice: Undefined index: homeaddress in
/var/www/html/horde/turba/templates/browse/search.inc on line 14

if I look in the database, I find the following four tables and entries.

horde-> \d
               List of relations
  Schema |       Name       | Type  |  Owner
--------+------------------+-------+----------
  public | horde_categories | table | postgres
  public | horde_prefs      | table | postgres
  public | horde_users      | table | postgres
  public | turba_objects    | table | horde
(4 rows)

horde-> \d turba_objects
                        Table "public.turba_objects"
        Column       |          Type           |         Modifiers
--------------------+-------------------------+---------------------------
  object_id          | character varying(32)   | not null
  owner_id           | character varying(255)  | not null
  object_type        | character varying(255)  | not null default 'Object'
  object_members     | character varying(4096) |
  object_name        | character varying(255)  |
  object_alias       | character varying(32)   |
  object_email       | character varying(255)  |
  object_homeaddress | character varying(255)  |
  object_workaddress | character varying(255)  |
  object_homephone   | character varying(25)   |
  object_workphone   | character varying(25)   |
  object_cellphone   | character varying(25)   |
  object_fax         | character varying(25)   |
  object_title       | character varying(255)  |
  object_company     | character varying(255)  |
  object_notes       | text                    |
Indexes: turba_objects_pkey primary key btree (object_id),
          turba_owner_idx btree (owner_id)

I believe my permissions are also correct for access to the postgresql
database and allow all the right parties in:

in pg_hba.conf

host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255   trust

local  all      all             ident   hordeadmin

in pg_ident.conf

# MAPNAME     IDENT-USERNAME    PG-USERNAME
hordeadmin      root            horde
hordeadmin      apache          horde
hordeadmin      postgres        horde

seems like it should work but I am obviously missing something.  Help
would be appreciated.

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears