[turba] Expand Names doesn't seem to work

Benoit St-André ben at benoitst-andre.net
Wed Oct 22 06:13:42 PDT 2003

Le 22 Octobre 2003 03:38, jonathan soong a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have a setup which uses a local mysql database to hold addressbooks as
> well as a site-wide LDAP directory for address searching.
>
> When a user clicks "Expand Names", it only searches their local
> addressbook... (if i put in a name that they don't have in their local
> address book but one that exists in the LDAP i get "Please resolve
> ambiguous or invalid addresses."*)*
>
> According to https://webserver.brandeis.edu/pages/view/Network/ImpThree
> , there should be an option in Mail->Options->Addressbooks
>
> This does not appear anymore (is this because Addressbooks were
> separated into Turba???)
>
> Does anyone know where to specify which address books "Expand Names"
> should search?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jon

You have to set $_prefs['search_sources'] and $_prefs['search_field'] in IMP's
config/prefs.php

For example, if you have a local sql adress book and a shared ldap source that
you have named "localldap" in turba/config/sources.php, you would configure
those vars in imp's prefs.php that way (to expand names from the two):

$_prefs['search_sources'] = array(
    'value' => 'localsql\tlocalldap',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

$_prefs['search_fields'] = array(
    'value' => 'localsql\tname\nlocalldap\tname',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

Hope that helps.
--
Benoit St-André
Conseiller pédagogique à la CS des Affluents
ben at benoitst-andre.net
Connaissez-vous Linuxédu-Québec ? http://linuxeduquebec.org