[turba] How to return a PEAR_Error in PHP?

John Dalbec jpdalbec at ysu.edu
Thu Nov 6 08:50:50 PST 2003

I'm trying to convert the LDAP driver search() function in Turba to return a
PEAR_Error if there is a problem with the search.  No matter what I do the
PEAR::isError function returns false on the returned function value.  What am I
missing?  The php.net documentation is giving me a headache and I'm not finding
an answer.  I thought maybe I needed to pass a reference instead of a copy, but
that's not helping.  My environment is Red Hat Linux 7.3, PHP 4.1.2-7.3.6 RPM.
Is this a PHP bug in that version?
Thanks,
John