[turba] Re: Advanced Search - turba_key contains ' ' - criteria ignored

John Dalbec jpdalbec at ysu.edu
Mon Nov 10 10:01:54 PST 2003

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting John Dalbec <jpdalbec at ysu.edu>:
>

>>Sorry, it seemed logical to me that it would be URL-encoded.  What I'm
>>actually seeing in $_GET is that the space in the field name is being replaced
>>by an underscore.  Any idea what would cause that?

FWIW, the HTML 4.01 spec says:
ID and NAME tokens must begin with a letter ([A-Za-z]) and may be followed by
any number of letters, digits ([0-9]), hyphens ("-"), underscores ("_"), colons
(":"), and periods (".").

No spaces allowed.  It seems to me that either
(1) it should be documented that "standard turba attribute names" must follow
the above rules, or
(2) some kind of encoding of the "standard turba attribute names" should be used
to generate the NAME tags in advanced.php.  Base64 perhaps?
John