[turba] Re: addressbook is shared with other users with same username[bug?]

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 8 07:33:27 PST 2003

Quoting Alain <Alain at shockmedia.nl.spamsux.nl>:

> Alain schreef:
>
> > Group, we're running horde/imp/turba on 1 server, and let
> > people choose the mailserver to connect to. When a user
> > 'test' connect to server 'server1', and creates entry's in
> > the turba addressbook, another user with the same name
> > 'test' that connects to server 'server2', get access to
> > the same turba addressbook.

This situation is why there is a "realm" setting in imp/config/servers.php

> > So i conclude that turba see
> > the username as something that is unique, but it isn't.

Only because you configured it to do so.  (Or didn't configure it
not to do so maybe).

> > Is there a way to get turba to see username+server as
> > something unique and not online the username?

Set the realm in imp/config/servers.php dynamically to the user's
realm, or make the username be the fully qualified name (username+realm).

> > Maybe this is even a bug, since horde/imp has been made
> > as a multiuser & multiserver application.

No, not a bug, just not configured correctly for your setup.

> Anyone?

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin