[turba] LDAP error but LDAP not used

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Sat Feb 21 09:09:29 PST 2004

I've been using CVS HEAD for over a year, and I'm pretty much the only user on
my server (so I'm set up as an admin). I'm using imp and turba with no
problems, using a local mysql addressbook.

I recently added another user, which has been an exercise in learning the
permissions system (I never had to worry about anything except shares, since
I'm an admin).

I set up all of the permissions for the new user, and chose addressbook options
in imp identical to the options I have configured for myself. Just to be sure,
I removed my username as an admin and configured my permissions as though I
were a regular user. My local addressbook still works as it always has.

However, when I log in as the new user and select turba, I get a fatal error
that says "LDAP support is required but the LDAP module is not available or
not loaded". As far as I can tell, all of the address book options in imp for
the new user are identical to my settings, and ldap is not used at all.
Permissions for imp and turba (including child permissions) are identical for
the new user and myself. I'm also able to click the "add to addressbook" icon
in a received email and the system reports that the user was added (verified
by looking at the turba_objects table).

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

--
Rick Emery