[turba] Re: Synch Outlook with IMP?

steve smailling at free.fr
Mon Apr 12 07:24:03 PDT 2004

>Zitat von Chris Bellomy <chris at planbemail.com>:
>
> > Previously, Chris Barnes wrote:
> > : lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de wrote:
> > : > Use IMAP. That's why it was invented some time ago.
> > :
> > : That will certainly sync the mail folders.
> > : But what about the bigger issue - the contacts list?
> >
> > I'm interested in this question as well, but it seems more appropriate
> > for the turba list, so I have cc'ed it.
>
>Use LDAP.
>
>Jan.

I don't know if Outlook is working well with LDAP, but if you want to
export from Turba to Outlook, use the .vcf format, there is also
http://homepage.mac.com/phrogz/CSV2vCard_v2.html (from csv to vcf)
 From Outlook to Turba, you can use the .vcf format (one way is to drag and
drop your contacts into the explorer, and you should get .vcf files,
doesn't work with Outlook 2003)
But to keep synchronized is a nigthmare, because there is no 'good' free
replacement of Exchange at that time (I don't want to start a thread about
it);