[turba] Fwd: [horde] Horde and apps thoughts/suggestions/issues

Mark H. Degner mark at degner.org
Wed May 12 17:21:48 PDT 2004

Jan,

Thanks for the comments, my explanations are in-line.

Mark

> Zitat von "Mark H. Degner" <mark at degner.org>:
>
>> Turba - List contacts on several fixed-length pages, rather than one
>> long page,
>> like the way IMP does with mail.
>
> Already implemented.

I haven't been able to get this to work.  I see a way, in the Default Display
option dialog, to set the maximum number of pages, and the number of items per
page, but this doesn't seem to work.  I have it set to display 15 items per
page, but when I Browse the address book, all entries show up on one page.

>> Turba - filter an address list by first letter of last name.  A
>> selection bar -
>> <0abcdef..>  (update - right after I initially wrote this, I
>> realized there is a
>> selection bar, but it is at the bottom of the page.  It would be
>> more useful at
>> the top of the page, because if any one is going to scroll to the
>> bottom of the
>> page anyway, filtering will be less useful)
>
> Too.

In a situation like mine, where all the entries are on one page, the
filter bar
would be better placed at the top of the list.  Currently I see it on the
bottom.  Another configuration option, possibly?

>> Turba - rolling over an entry in the address book displays all info
>
> That would need to retrieve the whole record of each entry in the list *and*
> including this info into the page. That would drastically increase the page
> load time and size.

But isn't this the same as loading appointment information in Kronolith for
tooltips?

>> Turba - Fields for multiple email addresses per entry
>
> Already possible.

I don't see any configuration for this.  Is this accomplished by extending the
database schema?

>> Turba - buttons on the top and bottom of each page, the contact edit
>> page, for
>> instance.  Currently buttons are at the top of some pages, and at
>> the bottom of
>> others.  Delete, Move, Copy, etc
>
> I lost you here.

For instance, in IMP, buttons for Delete, Undelete, Blacklist,
Whitelist, Move,
Copy, appear at both the top, and the bottom of the page.  In Turba,
this isn't
the case.  In the Browse window, Delete, Move, Copy, Add To appear at the top
of the list, but not at the bottom.  When editing a contact, Save and Reset
appear at the bottom of the page, but not at the top.

>> Turba - print result/status of action, such as <entry> successfully deleted,
>> like the way forwards, replies and other status are printed in IMP
>
> Yep, patch?

I'll see what I can do.