[turba] How to do share an address book

pault pault at burngreave.net
Tue Jun 1 15:26:37 PDT 2004

hi turba folk

pleased to meet you. just joined list and my first post. greetings from
sheffield [uk].

mario asked:

>> I need to create an address book so I can share it with everyone that
>> uses Horde?

and nate replied:

> The way we do it is by using a shared mysql addressbook.

cool so it's possible, that answers my first question.

at burngreave.net we use the latest stable versions of horde and kronolith. does
this still make it possible, or is this functionality only available in the cvs
branch?

> Similiar to the normal "My addressbook" configuration with public set to
> "true", readonly set to "true", and admin set to my e-mail address.  This
> allows me, and only me, to add/delete from that addressbook---and everyone
> can use it.  You can even set up groups in the shared addressbook for
> everyone to use.  What this requires is setting up another addressbook in
> your database (mysql for me) and adding to sources.php.  The best part is
> that it works just like the normal Horde addressbook, so it's fairly easy
> to use.  We currently have 4 shared addressbooks.

this is way beyond my mysql knowledge [approx = 0]. any chance of a howto or a
pointer to one?

pault
--
pault <mailto:pault at burngreave.net>