[turba] Re: LDAP with Novell

John Dalbec jpdalbec at ysu.edu
Thu Jul 8 06:01:01 PDT 2004

Mario Casamalhuapa wrote:

> I am trying to connect to a Groupwise Email server via LDAP and I get
> nothing. I know that turba supports LDAP but is there a difference
> between LDAP 1 and 2.0???? I know that Groupwise only allows LDAP 2.0. I
> am wondering if any one can help.

Do you have an eDirectory service running on the Groupwise box?  LDAP talks to
eDirectory.  It may also work with NDS.  Modern LDAP clients and servers use the
version 3 protocol although there is usually an option to force version 2.  I
think the clients would probably fall back to version 2 if version 3 is not
available on the server.

John