[turba] Remote mySQL server / Debug information

Andrew Taylor andrew.taylor at carshock.com
Sat Aug 14 05:10:08 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a turba install to connect to a remote mysql
server. I've edited config/sources.php and I've enabled my remote mySQL
server to allow connections from the server hosting the turba install.

I get 'Failed to connect to directory'

I've got full LOG_DEBUG set and my log files are working (they're
currently logging every IMP login) but I'm not getting any error
message show up from Turba.

I can connect from the shell on the turba server to the remote mySQL
server using (mysql -uusername -p -hmysever.co.uk dbname) and PHP is
compiled with mySQL support.

Two Questions -

	Is there anything I should be doing extra in sources.php to enable
remote servers (I presume not)
	How can I get turba to tell me what error messages it's getting from
the remote server

Thanks

Andrew

PS I'm clearly a newbie so go gentle :)