[turba] LDIF support for turba?

Ross Becker ross at rbecker.org
Tue Oct 26 13:42:21 PDT 2004

Folks,
    I'm curious if anyone is planning LDIF support for turba. I saw
someone else asking about it. It would be greatly useful, as LDIF is now
becoming a very standard addressbook import/export format. I looked at
the format a bit myself to see about coding it, and it looked like it
would be something of a pain to implement.  On the other hand, if you
attempt to use CSV to import/export addressbooks from other mailers,
most end users are going to get lost when it comes to "mapping" the
fields.  Not to mention that "mapping" the fields does not address
issues where one field for turba (say, home or work address) is several
fields in the import source.

Cheers
    --Ross