[turba] IMSP addressbooks - editing entry "Name" fails

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Thu Dec 2 14:42:18 PST 2004

:

I'm using Turba 2.0 RC2 and experimenting with IMSP addressbooks.  I can't seem
to edit "name" field of entries.

Say I have an entry for Mary Brown.  Mary got married last weekend and is now
Mary Smith.  I go in to Turba, edit the entry and save it.

Turba refreshes the screen and says "Entry for Mary Smith updated", yet the
screen still title is still "Address Book :: Mary Brown", the as the "Name"
field.  When I go back to browse the addressbook, it's still got the old name
too.

The logs on the IMSP server indicate that it's doing /something/... but in this
case, /something/ seems to be saving the old record again:

A0001 OK User `liamr' Logged in
A0002 ADDRESSBOOK *
* ADDRESSBOOK () "." liamr
A0002 OK addressbook completed
A0003 FETCHADDRESS liamr "Mary Brown"
* FETCHADDRESS liamr "Mary Brown" __uid 20041202173924.4cl7zg0b1nsw at dev.mail.umi
ch.edu alias maryb email mary at example.com
A0003 OK fetchaddress completed
A0004 LOCK ADDRESSBOOK liamr "Mary Brown"
* FETCHADDRESS liamr "Mary Brown" __uid 20041202173924.4cl7zg0b1nsw at dev.mail.umi
ch.edu alias maryb email mary at example.com
A0004 OK lock completed
A0005 STOREADDRESS liamr "Mary Brown" __uid {46}
+ go
20041202173924.4cl7zg0b1nsw at dev.mail.umich.eduemail {16}
+ go
mary at example.comalias "maryb" company "" notes "" phone-work "" fax "" phone-hom
e "" cellphone "" freebusyUrl ""
* FETCHADDRESS liamr "Mary Brown" __uid 20041202173924.4cl7zg0b1nsw at dev.mail.umi
ch.edu alias maryb email mary at example.com
A0005 OK storeaddress completed
A0006 UNLOCK ADDRESSBOOK liamr "Mary Brown"
A0006 OK unlock completed

I can update other fields at the same time as updating "Name", and they update
fine.  "Name" remains the same every time.

Liam