[turba] issue upgrading from 1.2 -> 2.0

Chris J. Alexander cjalexa at emory.edu
Tue Feb 1 06:40:57 PST 2005

I am in the process of updating from Turba 1.2 -> 2.0 (as part of a larger
upgrade to the latest Horde/Imp/Ingo/Turba Suite).  The new Turba does not
appear to be reading the older entries correctly from my mySQL-based local
address book.  New entries work fine.  As best I can tell from examining the
database, my Turba 1.2 seems to put fields in different places than my Turba
2.0.  I have run the upgrade script, but that only seems to have added the
appropriate fields, not dealt with this data discrepency.

Example (only relavent fields included for space):

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+-------------------+-------------+-----------------+
| object_type                 | object_uid
| object_members    | object_name | object_email    |
+-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+-------------------+-------------+-----------------+
| bboop at emory.edu   |             |                 |
+-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+-------------------+-------------+-----------------+

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+-------------------+-------------+-----------------+
| object_type                 | object_uid
| object_members    | object_name | object_email    |
+-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+-------------------+-------------+-----------------+
| Object                      |
20050131172134.13y21sv5rqe8 at webmailtest.service.emory.edu | [NULL]            |
Betty Booop | bboop at emory.edu |
+-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+-------------------+-------------+-----------------+

In the 'old' contact, the email address appears in the object_members field,
while in the new one its under object_email.  Ditto the name - under 1.2, the
name was under object_type, while the new one puts it in object_name.

The "map" section of config/sources.php is the same from 1.2 to 2.0, in fact the
only difference is the 'new' way that 2.0 gets its SQL configuration (which is
working, as 2.0 is writing new entries just fine into the right database/table).

Is there a conversion script or something that I missed that will allow the 2.0
installation to see my old contacts?

Thanks!
CJA
--