[turba] dumb question about using LDAP

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 2 17:53:37 PST 2005

horde/turba cvs head (maybe yesterday)

I have a shared LDAP address book working

I'm trying to work through personal address book and I am getting this
error...
Query failed: (32) No such object

and I'm looking at turba/config/sources.php and I'm thinking that maybe
it's because I am using IMAP for authentication to horde...is that
correct? (is this how the line $uid = Auth::getBareAuth(); in
sources.php get's it's magic info? and is it possible to get this info
from an IMAP authenticated logon?)

So I wanted to switch to LDAP for horde authentication and I'm
confused...on the configuration screen, it offers a choice that I don't
get.

Users are located - ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com

The hostname of the LDAP server:   obviously localhost

The base DN for the LDAP server:   obvious

The DN used to bind to the LDAP server: I suppose I can leave blank for
anonymous bind

The password used to bind to the LDAP server: I suppose I can leave
blank for anonymous bind

LDAP Protocol Version:           LDAPv3

The username search key:         uid #this seems to make sense

How to specify a filter for the user lists One or more objectclass
                                           filters    OR
                                           A complete LDAP filter
                                           expression

The objectclass filter used to search for users. Can be a single
objectclass or a list.

#This is my problem... (uid=*) or is this the search base?
(ou=People,dc=azapple,dc=com)