[turba] Re: Re: Re: homeAddress attribute is not an LDAP attribute

pascal at linuxorable.net pascal at linuxorable.net
Wed Feb 9 18:00:11 PST 2005

Quoting Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>:

> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:52:06 +0100, pascal wrote:
>
>> Quoting Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>:
>>
> [snip]
>
>>> What ldap server are you using? (Openldap, sun's, netscapes?) and what
>>> version ?
>>
>> I am using OpenLDAP 2.1.30-3 on Debian/Sid
>>
>> I found that there is somthing wrong but I don't why:
>> ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net" '(postalAddress=*)'
>> works fine but
>> ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net"
>> '(postalAddress=*<someting>*)'
>> doesn't work !
>
> It may be because you didn't define indexes for those attributes.

Maybe, but the only one which is allowed for  postalAddress and
homePostalAddress is "pres"

/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 379: approx index of attribute "postalAddress"
disallowed
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 379: approx index of attribute "homePostalAddress"
disallowed
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 379: equality index of attribute
"homePostalAddress"
disallowed
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 379: substr index of attribute "postalAddress"
disallowed

I realy don't know what the matter !

Regards

Pascal -- France