[turba] Re: LDAP scope

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Feb 21 14:05:29 PST 2005

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 10:04 +0100, Michael Eichenberger wrote:

<big snip>

> This of course, presumes that the 'scope' parameter isn't already
> available and I am too stupid to figure out how to make it work.

I don't find as I mentioned in a previous email but I do have a couple of
questions for you that will improve my knowledge of ldap configuration.

1. I've never been tempted to use the -s option to ldapsearch.  I have a very
flat tree so I just use the -b base alone and that is what I think Michael was
suggesting with:
$basednprivate='ou=stepping-stone.ch,ou=default,ou=private,ou=contacts,ou=service,o=stepping-stone,c=ch';
and
'root' => 'ou=' . $uid . ',' . $basednprivate,

How significant would the difference between -s one and the above -b which I
assume would only be one level?  Not much, I bet.  It could very well
be that I
don't understand the -s [one|sub|base] options.

2. If not ldap, would you put the addressbook in mysql?

> Looking at the code in horde/kronolith/lib/Driver/ldap.php suggests to
> me that Chuck knows the answer.

I suggest looking at horde/turba/lib/Driver/ldap.php.  It, too, should be
quicker.;)

ed