[turba] Re: LDAP scope

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Mon Feb 21 18:32:56 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:03:44 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> [snip]
> I would rather move my user address books to an entirely different
> contain than do that as sub searching even with additional restrictions
> on the filters is if nothing else a waste of time/resources and not
> necessary.
>
> a quick search of horde/turba/lib/Driver/ldap.php doesn't reveal
> anything like a scope option which confuses me - as scopes are one of
> the basic elements of ldapsearch functions.

the PHP LDAP api is rather awkward is where the issue is. PHP has 3
functions to search a directory.

ldap_search  => which is the same as scope=sub
ldap_list => which is the same as scope=one
ldap_read => which is the same as scope=base

So, basically a patch would have to be created against the
Drivers/ldap.php to provide the scope paramater option, and use the
appropriate function based on the scope.

Regards,
Edward Rudd