[turba] Fwd: [Tickets #1533] RESOLVED: ldap driver and empty filter

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Mar 14 07:09:11 PST 2005

This belongs on one of the lists. And I"m not sure what you're getting
at exactly, either.

----- Forwarded message from lalot at univ-aix.fr -----
    Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:59:48 +0100
    From: LALOT Dominique <lalot at univ-aix.fr>
Subject: [Tickets #1533] RESOLVED: ldap driver and empty filter
      To: chuck at horde.org

Chuck,

If I add in my sources.php an objectclass:
1. This is and AND filter and not an OR. But the worst is that, if I
fill that param, the driver is searching and returning the entries,
then foreach entry reading the entry. That terrible on a vast
directory: one search, 30000 read... So I changed:

'filter' =>
'&(mail=*)(|(objectclass=univmedperson)(objectclass=univmedpersdivers))'
Doing that, if I try to find somebody, then the filter is empty and I
have no return.
The Objectclassfilter should be in the search which gives all the
entries in one shot.
More, there should be something that say it is an AND filter.
If objectclass is mandatory, it should be explained somewhere.

That's why I was obliged to patch, and I should not be  alone.

Cheers

Dominique

--
Dominique LALOT Ingénieur Système Réseau CISCAM Pole Réseau
Université de la

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

Quincy Adams