[turba] Re: Get rid of the "name" field

lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Tue Mar 29 07:43:18 PST 2005

> Quoting lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de:
>
> > we want to use "firstname" and "lastname" and not the "name" field with our
> > addressbook. Unfortunately no matter what i do the "name" field is
> displayed
> > anyway.
> >
> > If i set "required => false" i can leave it empty but it is displayed
> > as [empty value] in the address list.
> >
> > Is this field something special or is there a way to completely avoid it.
>
> Well, it's sort of assumed to be available by a few things. You can set
> it with a composite field, though.

This lead straight to the next question ...

With using it as a composite field, is it save to delete (or not create) the
"name" field in the database table?

Is there any possibility to get the firstname/lastname set by adding contacts
from IMP?

BTW : Impressive work done with the new major numbers of HORDE/IMP/TURBA.

Thanxs

Andreas