[turba] Re: List in My Adress Book ?

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Sat Apr 2 14:00:59 PST 2005

Quoting emmanuelbiennier at virtualvercors.net:

> Hello everybody
> I want to know if it's possible to make different list in adress book.
> It's possible in the personnal adress book but how can I make the same
> with other adress book ?
> Thanx

Currently, you can only create lists in address books you have write
access to. The other requirement for creating the address book is that
all the addresses
in the list must exist in that same address book.  This means you must
maintain
duplicate entries if you have a personal address book and a corporate
directory
and want to create a list that contains a mix of personal and corporate
addresses.

In our organization, we really need the feature to have multiple arbitrary
address books as sources for addresses stored in your personal address
book. There's an old patch for Turba 1.3 that implimented this and I'm
hoping someone
beats me to it and comes up with a solution for Turba 2.X but its something I
hope to take a stab at in the near future if no one else does.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator