[turba] Strange problem

Ullman, James James.Ullman at hitos.no
Thu May 19 23:16:05 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am not sure if anybody has seen this and I have not read anything
about it.

Running with turba-h3-2.0.2 / horde-3.0.4 / openldap2-2.1.25-2

I am having problems when trying to set these fields to empty
after I have created them with some starting value.

Work Address
Work Phone
Fax
Home Address
Home Phone

Example: Add a new contact
         Add something to "Work Address" field then press submit
         Edit the contact you just made
         Try to set the "Work Address" filed to empty, press submit
         ** The old value is still there!

Turba is saying that it went ok, but it does not get removed from the
address book.

If I change the attributes to another value it works fine.

Only when I try to clear them of any value it will not
empty them, it keeps the old value.

The below work fine if you make emtpy the field when editing:
(These will also be removed from the new contact in the addressbook in
ldap)

Title
Company
Mobile Phone
Notes

I do not think it is ACL's.
There is no problem modifying any attributes values.
Everything works they way it is suppose to except this.

I am thinking it is something to do with the Turba ldap driver.

Any ideas?

-James

$cfgSources[$k] = array(
    'title' => $v['title'],
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'localhost',
        'root' => $v['ou'],
        'bind_dn' => $dn,
        'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
        'dn' => array('cn', 'uid'),
        'objectclass' => array('person',
				'inetOrgPerson',
        	            'organizationalPerson'),