[turba] And while we're changing things: capitalization

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com
Tue May 24 13:49:28 PDT 2005

> We've mostly standardized on Address Book at this point (some
> references to "Directory" to weed out). My question, for both Address
> Book and whatever is chosen between Contact List/Distribution List/etc
> is:
>
> Should we always capitalize it?
> Just when its on its own?
> Just the one word at the start of sentences?

I'm not an english major on this one, but I think the proper way to do
it is to
capitalize when referencing the proper name of the feature.  So what you could
say then, is: To make use of contacts lists, use the Contact List in Turba.

In looking through various commerical help files, etc., they capitalize
features
the way I described above.  It may just be the case for my small sample, but
nonetheless, it's how they seem to do it.

On a side note, /cheers for coming up with standardizations since
things do get
a little confusing when dealing with users ;)

-Mike