[turba] Attributes & Drop-Down Menu

Kevin Druff kevin at druffs.com
Fri Jul 1 13:47:31 PDT 2005

Good Afternoon -

I am attempting to do a bit of customization on Turba. I want my end users
to be able to select a particular locality from a list of choices. When
fully complete, the list will be quite large, however, I cannot get even one
or two options to appear. I would like to store in my SQL tables the number
that precedes the Locality name. Each locality has a unique numerical
identifier in another table that we will use in more sophisticated queries.
The following is the entry in config/attributes.php:

$attributes['county'] = array(

    'label' => _("County"),

    'type' => 'enum',

    'enum' => array('0' => _("Accomack"),

                    '1' => _("Albemarle"),

                    '2' => _("Alleghany"))

);

And the following is my entry in sources.php (using the MySQL backend, the
column name is county and it is a varchar field):

'county' => 'county'

Can anyone perhaps give me pointers? Is what I want possible?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Druff

MySQL Database Administrator

Tim Kaine for Governor