[turba] Creating shared SQL addressbooks for users/groups

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Jul 7 17:41:47 PDT 2005

We make available to users a personal addressbook (localsql - My Addressbook)
and about two dozen directory server (LDAP) based addressbooks.  localsql is
read/write and the others are read-only.  There are some users that need to
share an additional address book between them and have read-write access to it.
 I thought that what I would do was copy the localsql config, change the name
of it, set public -> true, set some Horde permissions for the users for that
addressbook, and things would work.  I found that instead, all of the objects
in turba_objects show up in that address book, even though I'm not the owner of
them.

So I'm thinking that a better solution is to create a new table for each
additional shared address book I need.  That has the potential to get unwieldy,
if many people want small group, shared, read/write address books like this.
Is there a better way?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer