[turba] ldap address book configuration

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jul 12 13:48:02 PDT 2005

Quoting Guillaume Barreau <g.barreau at gmail.com>:

>> > Even better would be to find a solution which would work with a single
>> > name field. One way would be to map the name attribute to both the cn
>> > and sn attributes in ldap. I have tried putting both:
>> > 'name' => 'cn',
>> > 'name' => 'sn',
>> > in sources.php but that didn't work. Does anybody know how to do that?
>>
>> We'd have to change the config format a bunch for that; simply doesn't
>> work in PHP.
>
> Is there no other way to have the same result with less effort that
> you can think of? Because that would be my preferred solution (cn=sn).

Actually, yeah. Just use a hook; set sn to cn whenever cn is set. Might
need some tweaking to get it right but should be possible.

> And may be instruct that Net_LDAP is a prerequisite for getting turba
> to work with LDAP. That seems much better than tweaking core.schema to
> me. What do you think?

I don't think we need to require Net_LDAP for using LDAP in Turba at
all. I think simply changing the example to include all required fields
is a much better idea.

-chuck

Quincy Adams