[turba] Turba and Eudora 6.x book address

Marco Maiani m.maiani at comune.scandicci.fi.it
Thu Oct 13 07:38:22 PDT 2005

I have Turba and I need to import a book address made in Eudora 6.x.
With Eudora I can export the book address in csv and I can import it in
Turba. Everything goes quite well but when I import a mailing list I
have a problem that I'll try to explain.

In Eudora people can make a record in the book address and then put a
list of e-mail addresses associated with this nickname (The Eudora area
where to put addresses has this description "This nickname will expand
to the following addresses."). Usually people put e-mail addresses in
this area writing an address for every row separated by CR.

When Eudora export this field and when Turba import it, all the e-mail
addresses become an unique char field with all the addresses separated
by a space. When Imp sends an e-mail to this record the e-mail goes only
to the first address and not to all, so we can't use this mailing list.

Has anybody some ideas about importing book adrresses from Eudora and
these problems???

Thanks

Marco