[turba] Shared addressbook

Alex Ng ngstylez at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:45:21 PDT 2005

The problem isn't really that Horde is written in PHP.  The difficulty
is understanding the Horde framework, making changes to modules like
Turba, and make it work without messing up other parts of Horde.
Knowing what goes where, and integrating it into Horde without making
it stick out like a sore thumb.

The Horde framework in itself is a rubix cube to me.  I have went
through the tutorial on the Horde website with creating Mopple (the
MP3 organizer), and couldn't get it to work properly

After trying to mimic the sharing/permission setting capability of
Mnemo, I got it to show different address books (My Addressbook, Bob's
Address Book, Joe's Address Book) on the top right (like in Mnemo).
But I was unable to get it to display multiple address books at once.

If anyone has a better tutorial or something in the tone of "Horde
framework made easy" or "Horde framework for dummies", please share.

Much appreciated,
Alex