[turba] Turba Ldap - Cannot add new contact: Object class violation

Gui gui at function.com
Sun Oct 30 14:57:14 PST 2005

Hi Everybody

I'm using turba-2.0.3, horde-3.0.5, imp-4.0.3, php4-4.4.0, apache-2.0.54_3 on
Freebsd 5.4.

I use the shared address book example in /horde/turba/config/servers.php, and am
able to edit the 'shared' address book on my LDAP server
(openldap-server-2.2.29).

But when I try to add an entry, I get this error:

<<< There was an error adding the new contact. Contact your system administrator
for further help.Failed to add an object: [65] "Object class violation" DN:
cn=tommy,dc=mydomain,dc=com (attributes:
[a:7:{s:2:"cn";s:5:"tommy";s:4:"mail";s:18:"tommy at mydomain.com";s:9:"homephone";s:6:"123456";s:15:"telephonenumber";s:12:"650-111-1234";s:8:"calFBURL";s:52:"
http://192.168.5.136/horde/kronolith/fb.php?u=tommy";s:3:"uid";s:41:"20051030002251.7j3eo3jr7sco@192.168.5.136";s>>>

My ldap server is working fine as I can add entry using ldapadd.

I've also added the objectclass 'calEntry' in the following line in servers.php.
'objectclass' => array('top','person',
'organizationalPerson','inetOrgPerson','calEntry'),

And I've also made the modifications to the core.schema as recommended by
core.schema.patch in /horde/turba/scripts/ldap/.

in the mapping in servers.php, I also made the following changes hoping that it
would solve the probem but it didn't:
    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'dn',
        '__uid' => 'uid',
        'name' => 'cn',
        'email' => 'mail',
//        'homePhone' => 'homephone',
//        'homePhone' => 'homePhone',
        'homePhone' => 'homeTelephoneNumber',
//        'workPhone' => 'telephonenumber',
        'workPhone' => 'telephoneNumber',
//        'cellPhone' => 'mobiletelephonenumber',
        'cellPhone' => 'mobileTelephoneNumber',
//        'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
        'homeAddress' => 'homePostalAddress',
        'freebusyUrl' => 'calFBURL'
    ),

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much in anticipation

Gui
California