[turba] Global sql with turba head?

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Tue Nov 22 13:58:16 PST 2005

With the current HEAD of Turba, set 'use_shares' => true in the
$cfgSources entry for your SQL source.  Your users each get a default
personal address book - which they can choose to share with other users
if they desire.  You can also create new address books (via the "My
Address Books" page) and assign whatever permissions you want to
whatever user/group you desire.  Both users and admins have this
ability - so, an admin can create a new address book called "Global"
and assign PERMS_READ to all users and PERMS_EDIT to only certain
users/groups.

If you require that user's *not* have the choice to share their own
address books with other users yet still have a 'global' address book
available that you can assign arbitrary permissions to users/groups
then that would require some changes to the current code to allow a SQL
source to not provide any 'default' addressbooks.  If this is what you
requre, you can submit an enhancement request at bugs.horde.org.

----- Message from tim at mtlsd.ca ---------