[turba] turba 2.0.5 / create distribution list

Gianluca Bosco g.bosco at bitache.net
Thu Jan 5 07:38:10 PST 2006

>>> You don't have write access to the address book source then.
>>
>> I do have write access to the address book, since I can populate it
>> with my address recipients.
>
> I forgot to mention: my addressbook is LDAP-based.

I found the solution to my problem, after days and days of headache.
And I post it - so hopefully it will be useful to anyone in the future.

*First step* modify config/sources.php

Add the following mappings, if they are missing:

        '__type' => 'turbaType',
        '__members' => 'turbaMembers'

And make sure that the objectclass declaration contains the objectclass
"turbaContact":

'objectclass' => array('top',
                       'person',
                       'inetOrgPerson',
                       'turbaContact',    <----
                       'organizationalPerson'),

*Second step* Add the horde.schema to slapd.conf:

include         /opt/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/horde.schema

Be aware the horde.schema comes with horde, into scripts/ldap

On a note side: I didn´t find any documentation on how to fully configure
turba / LDAP address book / distribution lists. Why don´t we retouch
the source.php.dist to be more exhaustive on this matter?

Gianluca Bosco