[turba] Enabling view of additional fields in LDAP directory usingTurba

Martin Burke MBURKE at ncmec.org
Mon Jan 30 08:47:22 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
I want turba to be able to show employee titles, fax numbers, and
comments, in addition to the information already available when viewing
an LDAP directory in Turba.  I would assume I would edit the
/turba/config/sources.php file.  But I am not clear on how this is done.
Every attempt I make ends up with a php error.  How would my sources.php
need to look to make the additional fields appear?
--------------------------

This is from my sources.php:

    'map' => array(
        '__key' => 'dn',
        'name' => 'cn',
        'title' => 'title',
        'workStreet' => 'postaladdress',
        'workCity' => 'l',
        'workProvince' => 'st',
        'workPostalCode' => 'postalcode',
        'email' => 'mail'
    ),
    'search' => array(
        'name',
        'email',
        'title',
        'workStreet',
        'workCity',
        'workProvince',
        'workPostalCode'
    ),

I hope that helps.  I believe this is fairly well documented in either
the help files, archives, or wiki, because I didn't know anything about
ldap when I originally set it up.  Definitely dig into those sources if
you haven't yet.

Martin Burke
Systems Engineer, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
http://www.missingkids.com
mburke at ncmec.org