[turba] Turba: H3 (2.1-RC2)

Impuser impuser at bitrealm.com
Wed Feb 15 15:31:10 PST 2006

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> Quoting Impuser <impuser at bitrealm.com>:
>
>> I now notice that turba IS working, but is taking 3 minutes to return
>> to any click within the whole turba module (preferences, options,
>> adding/removing, and even the Addresses branch on the left hand pane.
>> I'm using a mysql database to store preferences.  In sources.php, it
>> says localsql, which I assume means to use the database setting from
>> the Horde configuration, correct?
>
> Not necessarily.  'localsql' is an arbitrary name given to the example
> configuration for a SQL source.  By default, yes, the connection
> parameters are pulled from the Horde-wide SQL info.

In horde configuration, I have under the Database tab the mysql
information.  In the turba configuration, the name of the client
addressbook says localsql.  How does that map to the horde
configuration?   For the VFS under turba, I have just "Horde Defaults."

Any idea what causes the 3-minute delay?  I even tried copying the same
config/*.php files from my 2.0.5 installation and get the same
behaviour.

Side note (might be relevant).  I compiled php 4.4.2 myself.  I could
NOT get the weather.com thing to work, apache would seg fault when I
added to the portal.  I found that by removing Thread Safety support
(removing the --enable-roxen-zts --enable-experimental-zts
configuration options) the weather.com stuff works.  Turba continues to
lag for 3 minutes.