[turba] bad DN "ou=(.+) after enforcing LDAP ACL's in slapd.conf

Mark Worsdall turba at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 18:37:59 PST 2006

Hi,

When I add the lines specified in turba/docs/LDAP

Enforce ACL's to personal address books.

    Add this to your LDAP ACL so users can only see their own address
book::

access to dn="ou=(.+), ou=personal_addressbook, dc=shadowrobot, dc=com"
          by dn="uid=$1, dc=shadowrobot, dc=com" write
          by * none

and restart the slapd.conf server It won't start and reports error:

sudo /etc/init.d/slapd restart

Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
Starting OpenLDAP: running BDB recovery, slapd - failed:
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 103: bad DN "ou=(.+),
ou=personal_addressbook, dc=shadowrobot, dc=com" in to DN clause
]+

I assume that LDAP ACL's  in the case of slapd means the slapd.conf
file?

M.
--
Mark Worsdall