[turba] is LDAP Bind failed: (49) Invalid credentials caused by not doing the ``ou``'s for all users

Mark Worsdall turba at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 18:44:26 PST 2006

Hi,

On the Personal LDAP directory, would the error:
Failed to access the address book: Bind failed: (49) Invalid credentials

be caused becuase I have no yet done:

4. Make ``ou``'s for all of your users.

   You'll also have to add this to the script you use to add users to
your
   LDAP directory.

   ``turba/scripts/ldap/addou.pl`` is a starting point;

I am assuming I must 1st add all my users into the ldap before doing the
ou's??

With every new user added to the system by the network manager on the
unix box, and they have added the new user into the ldap, will they have
to do the ou's thing for the new user too?

M.
--
Mark Worsdall
http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??